Wanda Cinemas is the largest Chinese movie theater operator with about 2,700 screens in 311 theaters across China, Australia, and New Zealand. Established in 2005 as a subsidiary of Wanda Group, the company set out for fast growth. Since 2014, Wanda Cinemas have been adding about 400 screens annually, quickly winning the largest market share in China. In partnership with Samsung Display, Wanda Cinemas was looking to enrich guest experience through digital signage installations in 130 movie theaters during 2016-2017.
As a part of the company’s aggressive growth strategy, Wanda Cinemas partnered with Samsung PID to supply digital signage panels for its 130 new cinemas. Wanda Cinemas’ competitiveness is routed in delivering value and premium experiences. For this reason, they selected Samsung Display’s digital signage portfolio for impactful video wall and indoor signage installations above bar counters, in the lobby and leisure areas, in VIP rooms, as well as across the theaters to serve as film LCD posters.
Wanda Cinemas was looking for large professional displays with superior performance as the visual experience is their primary business. They were looking for reliable, premium hardware with top-notch technical support and prompt service response. Stable supply, scale, and competitive pricing were also among key requirements due to the magnitude of the project and Pan-China footprint. One of the key factors was having a local support team in China to assist in all aspects of product installations and maintenance.
'When delivering this mega project for Wanda Cinema we selected SDC as our preferred partner not only because of the reliable product quality, but also because of fast service response across China and long term stable supply.'
Jingguo Wang, President, Shanghai FNBELL Information
Samsung Display recommended two of their top-of-the-line video wall panel models - LTI550HN11 and LTI550HN12. Both of these 55” UNB products delivered what Wanda Cinema was looking for:
- Tiled, lightweight displays allowed for the large size, custom installations able to accommodate diverse requirements depending on the location in the theater (bar areas, lobby, VIP rooms)
- Ultra-narrow, 3.5mm bezel design coupled with unrivaled brightness and color uniformity delivered rich, uninterrupted viewing experiences
- Two different options for display brightness allowed to best accommodate viewing conditions – 700 nit panels were used where high visibility was required due to brighter lighting - 500 nit panels were helping to achieve cost efficiencies where highest brightness wasn’t required by the installation environment
- FHD resolution and highest in industry contrast ratios provided vibrant, crisp images – nothing short of what the audiences would expect in the premium theater
- Standard panel sizes and stable supply guaranteed to support long-term expansion strategy and resulted in planning efficiencies
- SDC’s regional presence and strong customer support capabilities was appreciated by the project team
In collaboration with Samsung Display, Wanda Cinema has equipped 50 new cinemas with premium digital signage solutions in 2016. In 2017 they are looking to bring fascinating visual experiences to their patrons in 70 more theaters. Samsung Display is committed to delivering superior performance and reliability of the panels, as well as the quality service and support through our local Shanghai office to this high-profile client.
Learn more about digital signage application in cinemas here.
55" UNB 700 nit Professional Video Wall Panel
55" UNB 500 nit Professional Video Wall Panel